FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the purpose of a funeral?
- The purpose of a funeral is to bring family and friends together to celebrate the life and legacy of the deceased. This is a time for reminiscing, encouragement, and support. Experts believe funerals play an instrumental role in the grieving process.
Why should I have a public viewing?
- A lot of people choose to have a public viewing because of their cultural and religious beliefs. Also a public viewing is a form of honoring the deceased and can provide a sense of closure.
Does the Funeral Director also handle the arrangements for the cemetery?
- The family is required to make separate arrangements with the desired cemetery where final disposition will take place. Once the arrangements are made, the Funeral Director will coordinate with the cemetery to conduct the burial or entombment. The same holds true for the burial of a cremation urn in a cemetery plot or urn garden.
How much does the average funeral cost?
- Today, the average cost of a funeral is $6,000 to $7,000. The following services are included in this price: professional services of the funeral director and staff, embalming, use of the facilities for visitation and funeral services, transporting the deceased from place of death to the funeral home, vehicles, casket, and vault. Some funeral packages may or may not include the following: cemetery lots, death certificates, and newspaper obituary notices.
Does Social Security assist with funeral expenses?
- Individuals who are eligible will receive a one-time death benefit of $255 towards funeral expenses. These funds are given to the surviving spouse or dependent child of the deceased.
What if the deceased served in the US military?
- A veteran who was discharged honorably from the military is entitled to a flag, memorial maker, and military honors. The military separation papers (DD214) are needed at the time of planning the visitation and funeral services.
What should I do if death occurs in the middle of the night, on a weekend, or holiday?
- We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Plus we never close on holidays.
Click Here to send your love with flowers. Dial 1-888-610-8262 if you need order assistance.
View photos, videos, and leave a few kind lasting words on your loved ones page.
We have gathered the most asked questions along with answers to help you during this difficult time.
Take quick peak around our facility, designed for your comfort during this difficult time.
Faith Funeral Services
74 Maxcy Plaza Circle
Haines City, Florida 33844